I was tagged by Alverna for a 7 Wierd things about me and 7 Truths Meme so I’ll be interrupting the week of Emma to add this quickly.
7 Weird Things About Me
1. I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my mouth. Unfortunately, none of my talents is useful in any job but it makes for fun at parties
2. I hate for people to hear me sing. In fact, Dan and I had been married for about 5 years before he heard me sing anything.
3. I’m a pretty good whistler. I don’t want to toot my own horn or anything but I’d say I’m above average. Not that the skill comes in handy except for playing Cranium… then I rock.
4. I will buy men’s tennis shoes if they are on sale. I’m a size 4(in mens) and sometimes their shoes are cute. I’m unashamed.
5. I was terrified (seriously petrified) of driving in snow the first 6 years I drove a school bus. I just couldn’t tell anyone at work. When you live in MI, you’re going to spend a lot of time driving in it and I knew I would just have to get over it.
6. I’ve never been pulled over or had a ticket in the 16 years that I’ve driven. I’m worried that if it ever does happen someday, I’m going to freak out like those people you see on Worst Driver’s video’s.
7. I see dead people… uh, not really. I was just seeing if you were paying attention still. The last wierd thing about me is that I used to be afraid of almost everything. Mowing the lawn, driving in snow, pet birds, elevators, etc. But I made a decision years ago to overcome my fears so they don’t control me. I’m still scared of a lot of stuff and work on them when I can.
7 Truths I know
1. Everyone has a desire to be loved but I can’t love everyone
2. I’m a control freak
3. We’re all stupid, just on different levels. A lot of people are afraid to admit that they are stupid and so they continue to be stupid.
4. Everyone looks better when they are smiling/laughing
5. The mind doesn’t know the difference between what’s real and what’s not until we tell it. So I should really talk nice to myself
6. The ability to change is a beautiful gift that I wish more people would utilize
7. We all think we’re right